Many of us have minor water damage in our homes. However, the majority of us do not understand the health risks that this imposes. Not only are you setting yourself up for costly repairs by letting it go, but you are also leaving room for toxic mold that could take a serious toll on your health. Act now, and get rid of your water damage. This could possibly save you hundreds of dollars and some serious illness.
Almost 93% of water damage could have been prevented if caught early on. There are thousands of species of mold that can grow because of water damage, including toxic black mold. A fraction of an inch crack in a pipe can release 250 gallons of water a day, this creates a breeding ground for mold and bacteria.
When water damage is allowed to grow, it creates the perfect environment for mold. This is because most water damage occurs in moist, dark areas. However, some mold is much more toxic than you could imagine. Black mold can cause respiratory issues, nausea, immune system damage, damage to internal organs and many other scary health problems. If you suspect black mold, have a black mold detection done by a professional. Letting the situation go is simply not worth black mold health risks.
Water damage repair is much cheaper and less hazardous in comparison to mold removal. So if you are starting to see dark spots in your ceiling, or notice a leaking pipe take care of it as soon as possible. The smaller the water damage, the easier it is to fix. Procrastination is your worst enemy if you have water damage in your home. A lot of the time water damage professionals also can preform mold clean up. So during your water damage repair, ask them if they spot warning signs of mold.
The idea of spending tons of money on such a simple damage can seem annoying and unnecessary. However, unfortunately this specific kind of damage poses major risks to your health. In the long run, taking care of the damage could save you equally expensive medical bills. Even better, it could help you prevent serious irreversible health damage. Do not allow something as trivial as moisture to ruin your health, seek out a professional repair crew today. The value of your health far outweighs the cost of household repairs. Find more on this here.